Meet Jessica! Jessica is a relatively new member at EDOX, but no newbie to CrossFit. She’s a great character to have in the gym and can always be found setting a solid pace for the Workout of the Day (WOD). Read on to find out a little more about her.
1. How did you originally start CrossFit and how long have you been doing it?
A friend of mine recommended it to be as I have always played sport and enjoyed going to the gym, he took me along to my first session and I’ve never looked back since. I started CrossFit in May this year so I’m still relatively new to the community.
2. You get given any super power for a week. What do you pick and what do you do with it?
Any superpower that would allow me to travel. I’d love to be able to click my fingers and visit another country for the day, that would be fun.
3. How many pull ups do you reckon you’ve done since starting CrossFit?
Not very many! I wasn’t able to do pull-ups in a WOD until a few weeks ago - which took a lot of practice!
4. Favourite hobby to pass the time (excluding CrossFit)?
Does drinking count? If I’m not in the gym I’ll be with my friends or training/playing hockey.
5. Favourite aspect of CrossFit/what keeps you coming back? Pushing myself!
I’d barely touched a weight before starting CrossFit and it’s amazing to see the progress I’ve made in a couple months. Before CrossFit I would go to the gym to run on a treadmill but it has completely changed the way I look at a gym session - definitely for the better!
6. Goals for 2019 or any NY resolutions?
I want to hit one muscle up. I feel like a year is plenty time to practice.
7. Best/worst WOD you’ve ever done?
There was one partner WOD I did when I first started CrossFit which I remember struggling so much to finish and my partner was so encouraging (even though I was definitely slowing her down). I think it was the worst I’ve felt during a WOD but looking back I can now lift way more weight than I was in that WOD and I don’t think I could’ve completed it without the encouragement of my partner - she really pushed me through it!